By Kurt Weichselberger
In this publication the ensuing use of chance concept is proposed for dealing with uncertainty in professional structures. it truly is proven that equipment violating this advice could have harmful effects (e.g., the Dempster-Shafer rule and the strategy utilized in MYCIN). the need of a few specifications for an accurate combining of doubtful info in professional structures is verified and appropriate ideas are supplied. the prospect is considered that period estimates are given rather than specified information regarding chances. For combining info containing period estimates principles are supplied that are precious in lots of cases.
Read Online or Download A Methodology for Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems PDF
Best computers books
This publication constitutes the strictly refereed post-workshop complaints of the tenth overseas Workshop on machine technological know-how good judgment, CSL'96, held because the fifth Annual convention of the eu organization of computing device technology common sense (EACSL), in Utrecht, The Netherlands, in September 1996. the amount provides 26 revised complete papers chosen from a complete of at the start seventy five papers submitted; additionally integrated are refereed invited contributions.
The proliferation of processors, environments, and constraints on platforms has forged compiler expertise right into a wider number of settings, altering the compiler and compiler writer's position. not is execution velocity the only real criterion for judging compiled code. at the present time, code could be judged on how small it truly is, how a lot strength it consumes, how good it compresses, or what percentage web page faults it generates.
This quantity investigates algorithmic equipment in keeping with laptop studying with the intention to layout sequential funding suggestions for monetary markets. Such sequential funding ideas use details accumulated from the market's prior and be sure, firstly of a buying and selling interval, a portfolio; that's, the way to make investments the at the moment on hand capital one of the resources which are that can be purchased or funding.
- Hackers Beware: The Ultimate Guide to Network Security
- A Channel Model for a Watermark Attack
- Osborne Schaum's Outline Of Principles Of Computer Science
- Trust, Privacy and Security in Digital Business: 6th International Conference, TrustBus 2009, Linz, Austria, September 3-4, 2009, Proceedings (Lecture ... Computer Science Security and Cryptology)
- Authentication and access control in the JPEG 2000 compressed domain. In Proc. Of the SPIE 46th Annual Meeting, Applications of Digital Image Processing XXIV, San Diego, July29th
Additional info for A Methodology for Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems
21) cannot be derived from more general results of probability theory but must rather be seen as proposals, their behaviour is an important criterion concerning their applicability. 21) and of the Dempster-Shafer rule in diagnostic systems: These procedures do not use all the information which may be relevant in order to draw conclusions from different pieces of evidence. It should be noted, that our argumentation up to now by no means relies on anything like a Bayesian concept. The mere comparison of probability statements based on different observations demonstrates the necessity of taking the alternative into consideration.
3448 ! 4138. 6) is often recommended for all cases of combining independent sources of information and especially for the use in diagnostic systems. It can easily by generalized to more than two independent sources of information, either directly or stepwise. 62-64]. Since this rule cannot be derived from laws of probability, it is legitimate to search for competing solutions for the considered problem and to compare the behaviour of such solutions. 21) to cases in which interval estimates of probabilities are used.
The same is true, if any source of information distinguishes between more than two possible observations. 1 Choquet-Capacities and Sets of Probability Distributions In this chapter we shall present a short report about a theory closely related to the contents of Chapter 2. In the years around 1953 Gustave Choquet introduced the concept of "capacities" to denominate set functions which do not obey the law of additivity but obey some law of either sub-additivity or supra-additivity [CHOQUET, 1953/54, 1959].